Once you apply to adopt, the process will generally take approximately two to three weeks.
We have a non-refundable application fee of $20 – should you ultimately adopt from us, that application fee will be applied to your adoption fee. We will no longer process applications without the payment of the fee.
We spend several hours generally screening each application, and this is the criteria required to adopt from us:
(1) All pets in the household currently must be up to date on vaccines and annual exam, including a heartworm test;
(2) All pets in the household currently must be spayed/neutered (unless your vet has determined that it would be detrimental to your pet to undergo this procedure and that will be verified by calling your vet);
(3) All pets in the household currently must be on a heartworm and flea prevention regimen;
(4) A fence is not a requirement but is a definite plus; and,
(5) Your vet and personal references will be called.
If you have requested a certain dog on your application, you will be put on a list for that dog. If, after evaluation, that dog is deemed a fit for your family, then any apps for that dog will be given the opportunity to meet that dog in the order the apps were received.
***After your payment is processed, do not close the window. Be patient, you will be redirected to fill out the application form.